July 16, 2009

For future reference

I was blog hopping and came across a recipe that looks amazing so I'm recording it here for future reference...and of course to tempt you :)

Banana Cake w/Cream Cheese Frosting
Preheat oven 350* for 20-40min
(the time varies on what pan you use)

Ingredients:
1/2 C butter
1-1/2 C Sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
2 C flour sifted (I didn't sift :)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 C milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp baking soda (add to pureed bananas)
3 pureed bananas (ripe)

***I doubled the recipe and made it like a sheet cake using a cookie sheet, their was extra and it fit in a loaf pan***

grease and flour pan
cream butter, sugar, eggs
sift flour, then add baking powder and salt
to creamed mixture add milk and flour--alternate the two starting and ending with flour
add vanilla and bananas

Pour into pan of choice and bake until golden brown on top, and insert toothpick for ungooeyness :)

Frosting:
1/2 Stick butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1lb powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla

beat together until smooth

(I didn't completely double the frosting when I doubled the cake, just an FYI)

Let me know if you try it, it is very good!!

No comments: