May 20, 2008

I am so R I C H !!!

LOL! Rich on the word of God that is! When the Lord speaks to you in multiples you know you need to listen up. This mornings audio Bible time of Luke revealed a very well known verse that even an unchristian child had memorized.

Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

I looked it up in my Bible and taught it to Haley (and the other 2 that weren't really listening. Haven just wanted me to turn the cartoons on *sigh*). Then I got my coffee, turned on the computer and read my Daily Bible Verse.

Romans 2:1 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

I will be honest this verse has caused many a "discussion" with my husband and I. I tend to fear judging anyone (although of course I do and not always in a nice way) where as my husband feels it is important to view others mistakes and learn from them; in essesence look at someone who has very obviously taken the wrong path in life and do all you can to dissect how they got there and run like hell the other way. Me, I pity then make an excuse for that person then agree that yes I wouldn't want to be where they are and defend that person...

Jesus didn't live the way I am (Thank you, God!!). My husband is modeling for me a route that is more biblical. Call someone out on their obvious wrong doing, don't sugar coat it (yummmm, love that sugar) and learn from each other. I certainly would want someone to call me out on my errors...okay well not always but it is for my good. And I prefer it not to be my husband but for some reason it always is. Bah! I need thicker skin.

God is so good to us poor saps. We don't deserve the rich teachings he provides for us. I mean really, I have been so bad you'd think he would have given up. But no, each day I read my Daily Bible Verse and listen to the Bible on CD I learn something completely new and life changing...even if I have heard it a thousand times.

No comments: