January 10, 2008

I'm back...and I'm organized!

Wow I have been MIA since 2007! lol With the holidays, travel, soccer, school, LIFE I never made time to blog.

BUT I started the new year off right!

I saw a link on a message board for a calendar called Motivated Moms. The description was short and sweet and exactly what my life needed...ORGANIZATION!

I don't know about you but Michael would get home at 6:30 and I would feel like I did a whole lot ALL day and didn't have much to show for it. Of course I would just blame it on 3 kids, 2 dogs and a cat for messing it all up.

So I immediately bought one of the calenders and began using it and holy cow I about cried. (I know no mom out there can relate to my old undisciplined, unorganized ways.)

Not only did my house look clean, it smelled clean AND Haley was eagerly participating in the chores! She loves a to-do list and what I had been trying to do for the past 2 years was solved in 5 minutes. She now has a list of daily chores that she completes at the start of her day with no complaining. (Yes I am over here doing a happy dance!)

I still have my playgroups and stay way to long at my mom's house but with my planner laying on my kitchen cabinet (open for all to see and admire) I have a plan and that makes me feel successful!

Anyways, here are some things in the page-per-day w/ bible verses planner (you can choose from a few different ones depending on what you like):
  • Daily chores that are done every day (ex. load/empty/run dishwasher, sweep kitchen, feed animals, clean sinks, exercise-ok so this one is going to burn a hole in my conscience until I actually can check it off-, plan/cook dinner...)
  • List of chores specific to that day (ex. on monday I may mop the kitchen, tuesday dust the living room, wednesday scrup the toilets...)
  • Daily Bible verses
  • Hourly schedule
  • Daily menu box
  • Notes section
For me this has helped me get one step closer to being the Proverbs 31 wife I am continually striving to be. To buy a planner for yourself Click here

No comments: