May 28, 2009

Dentists really suck

Of course it's not their fault that they suck. I mean they wouldn't be any different than going to the eye doctor or chiropractor if I had take proper care of my teeth.

Because of my neglect in keeping up w/ 6mo cleanings (heck 1yr cleanings would have been nice) and my over indulgence in sweets I racked up quite the treatment plan.

Yesterday I began the journey to healthy teeth by having the entire right side of my mouth fixed. 2 mercury amalgams removed and a few cavities filled. Lovely.

We chose to go to a holistic dentist because everything else in our life is done in a more natural way. The precautions they take when removing mercury is top-notch. Not to mention the chelation supplements I was taking.

So why do dentists suck?

Because today I have horrendous headache, I can't open my mouth all the way and I am so freaking exhausted.

The headache I'm sure is from the anaesthesia. My inability to open my mouth is from those dang needles. My muscles are too sore to move.

Oh and I'm starving (main contributor to the exhaustion problem). I nibbled on some beef and rice last night. This morning a few bites of scrambled eggs.

Funny that the thing that causes you the most lingering pain is the very thing that keeps you from feeling pain when they're drilling a hole in your head...okay tooth.

The upside is I'm not yelling at my kids. But I'm sure I'm doing more harm with my depressing demeanor.

I do appreciate my positivity though as I repeat over and over "it will get better."

Huge praises are in order though for our most awesome Father! Yesterday I prayed many specific prayers and ALL were answered right away!!

I asked the Lord to carry my burdens and take away my anxiety right before the procedure. Done. As they put the shots in I was very relaxed.

I asked the Lord to protect Sterling as he had to drink pumped breastmilk for an extended period of time. I was so worried about him but he did great! It was a glorious moment when he finally woke up in the middle of the night and I nursed him.

God was so good that Sterling had the best night of his 11 1/2 wk life!

Without the hope and love our Heavenly Father provides I don't know how I'd make it through this crazy life.

1 comment:

Losing Control and Liking It said...

Wow, Autumn! I just found your blog today and read this "dentist entry". I, too, have had horrible, horrible issues with the dentist. Mostly from my really poor dental hygiene as a kid/teen. In the last yr or two I've had 3 root canals, one pulled molar, two crowns, and only God remembers how many fillings I've had to get. I have two more fillings to get and then I should finally be FINISHED with my dental procedures! I, too, get so full of anxiety and stress before a procedure. God and I talk A LOT before them! I can't imagine how stressful it would have been for me to have my lil one have to take a bottle for a while (even with my own milk) because of a dental procedure. It's great that Sterling did so well and you were able to feel God's peace about it.

I also wanted to say that, I'm sure you already know this but, my friend had her mercury fillings removed and for a while after that she had headaches, extreme fatigue, etc., associated with the leeching of the mercury when they were removed. SO...some of your headache stuff could be due to their removal. Blessings to you and yours...