Welcome to the debut of Soapbox Thursday! I created this blog carnival as an outlet for all those little annoyances we encounter...then we can move on and leave it behind. What's bugging you this week?
Soapbox: Customer service has got to be at it's lowest point in history! These days employees (and I apologize to the responsible teenagers out there) especially the young employees are more concerned with themselves than the customers they are hired to help. It really is quite ridiculous.
I love it when I walk into a very small business and you get personal attention and a feeling that they actually care that you buy something. Walk into a chain store with a 17 year old working the check out and you're lucky to get a smile. Forget asking one of them where something is! They'd rather you not find it anyways and save them the time it would take to check you out.
Even small businesses suffer with this. When my husband owned his practice we had employees that would text up at the desk ALL. DAY. LONG. Finding good employees is hard! Having been on the ownership side I personally take the time to inform the manager of my bad experience.
Unfortunately, for the owner many of the managers don't care either!
Climbing down now and ready for an irritation-free day ;)
Here is what you need to do:
1. Include, somewhere in your post, a sentence about Soapbox Thursday and link to my blog. If you aren't sure how, you can simply copy and paste the following HTML code (everything that is in the white box below) into your post and the links will magically appear:
2. Grab the Soapbox Thursday button by copying the code for the button from my left sidebar and pasting it into your post. This step is optional, because it wouldn't really mess anything up about the process if you didn't do it. But do it just for fun, if you find you need a little more fun in your life. And don't we all?
3. Finish off your post by writing your own Soapbox rants!
4. Use the Mr. Linky form below to enter your name or your blog's name and a link directly to your Soapbox post. Please keep the name used to describe your blog short. You do not need to type in the entire URL of your blog in the name section. Please use spaces between words and characters. This helps insure that Mr. Linky will function properly.
James 1: 2-6 2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
2 Timothy 3:12 (NKJV) Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.
Books We're Reading
* Bible (daddy to family morning and night) * Hank The Cowdog book 1 (mommy to kids) * The Invention of Hugo Cabret (Autumn) * Treasure Island (daddy to family) * Uncle Tom's Cabin (Autumn) * Desiring God (Michael) * Be Fruitful and Multiply (Michael) * Secret Garden (mommy to kids) * Managing Your Chores (Autumn) * Common Sense by Beck (Autumn)
Books Read (since July '09)
* Charlotte's Web (mommy to kids) * Biblical Hermeneutics (Michael) * Island of the Blue Dolphins (Haley) * Liberty and Tyranny (Michael) * Sinner by Dekker (Michael) * Teaching the Trivium (Michael) * The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (mommy to kids) * The Duggar's 20 & Counting (Michael) * Little House In The Big Woods (Haley) * Abel's Island (Haley) * Black Like Me (Autumn) * Farmer Boy (Haley) * Preparing Sons for a One Income Family (Michael) * Stuart Little (Haley) * Stuart Little (mommy to kids)