July 1, 2009

Spiritual Gifts

I have no idea why God loves me so much.

Today I wrote a blog post on my cloth diaper blog ( www.allaboutclothdiapers.com ) announcing that I would be donating all proceeds to a friend's adoption journey.

I have received so many amazing comments from friends and blog subscribers. I cry every time I read one but I fear that the praise is misdirected.

I, like anyone else, appreciates kind words but really my act of giving has nothing to do with me. I am but a worker for my Lord and Savior. I don't always listen to him but he spoke very audibly to me about this blog post.

I knew without a doubt that God wanted me to help Dave and Jessica out financially and he provided an easy avenue for me to do that. My cloth diaper blog has grown enormously because of God's blessing.

God's word always says it best.

Romans 12:3-8
3For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. 4Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to hisb]">[b]faith. 7If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.

I know that my biggest spiritual gift is contributing to the needs of others. I don't always act upon the calling like I know I should. But when I do the feeling is amazing.

If you would like to help my friend achieve her dream of becoming a mother head on over to my cloth diaper blog for more information.

www.allaboutclothdiapers.com


No comments: